Thursday, March 11, 2010

Snowed in!




So it has been snowing in Bodo for the last 3 days -straight! And I'm not exaggerating. It's not just been lightly snowing either. I'm talking blowing snow so thick you can walk outside for 5 minutes and your hair is covered in snow. This started on Sunday night, it was actually raining and very windy all that day because it was so warm. This made the roads and paths extremely slippery and it was just all around disgusting weather. Then Monday night, or around Tuesday morning I can't remember any more, it began snowing and just hasn't quit! I went for a walk to the lake today with my friend Heather, who is from Nebraska. It's quite warm still, even though it's snowing. We found ourselves in for quite a bit more of a workout than we'd planned, tromping through deep snow. Then we thought it would be a good idea to leave the path, and found ourselves in waist deep (for me!) snow. It was quite a lot of fun.


I'm not meaning to sound like I am complaining, because I'm actually really enjoying this weather. It makes all the trees and houses look so pretty. I just think it's crazy how much snow this place gets. As long as it doesn't turn into that horrible rainy/windy/stormy weather again I'm happy.


The pictures show the snow around the small cabin that is beside the lake. Also a movie of the snow outside my window.


2 comments:

  1. PS: I promise to do better with posts, I will put one up about caving and skiing on the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha.... I was just whining to Justin the other day that you hadn't posted in far too long :)
    Sounds kind of crazy! We're having surprisingly good weather here. It's been melting here almost every day. I'm glad though!

    ReplyDelete